Friday, November 9, 2012

Laughing

Acronyms have taken over the world. I catch myself actually saying "omg" or "btw" quite frequently. Today I responded "lol" to a text and thought about it... I wasn't laughing out loud. Come to think of it, I didn't laugh at all. Not even a chuckle.

That sparked an entire thought process of how I respond to people. I figure I absolutely can't be the only person who does this. Read on...

LOL- "laugh out loud". I send it for a sentence filler. Or just a generic response to a text that pretty much says "I'm done with the convo now..." Except much nicer.

Haha- I might have thought about laughing but didn't. It might have gotten a snort of amusement but that's as far as it goes.

Hahaha- not to be confused with "haha". There is an extra -ha. I have probably actually laughed but it was short lived. Nothing I'll remember that you said in the next 30 minutes.

LMAO- "laugh my (butt) off". I've laughed out loud at this point. This is actually funny but I haven't laughed out loudly...

Hahahaha hahahaha!- yeah... I have literally laughed my butt off at this point. I'm probably going to turn and tell the person nearest to me what you said. They probably won't find it as a amusing.

See, laughter isn't easy. There is a science to laughing at your texts. I'm a jovial person but rarely do I reach the multiple "hahaha" stage. Next time you receive a laughing response from me, please refer back to this blog to figure out if it's a pity laugh or if I actually found you to be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment